In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it. Now Building is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information collected by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
In particular, Now Buildings collects personal information from people in the following situations:
- If you contact Now Buildings, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order product.
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
- When you make an enquiry on our web-site in relation to the price of goods or contact our sales team to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
Financial information that is collected via the web site or through our sales offices is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use or Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
We may use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which the personal information was collected or for purposes related to or ancillary to that primary purpose. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Security and Storage
Now Buildings places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Now Buildings retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Now Buildings cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Now Buildings receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Now Buildings collects information from the site using “IP files”.
When you visit the Now Buildings site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.
Access to and correction of personal information
Now Buildings is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer: Nick Walker, telephone no. (07) 5541 2800, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we refuse to provide you with access to personal information about you, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web-site at www.privacy.gov.au